Sunday, April 7, 2013

First Beach Trip of the Year!!

My mom took this "selfie" of her yesterday morning and then sent it to me on the way home from the beach. I woke up with my throat still hurting and a low grade fever. The fever went away quick with medicine. My throat was going to hurt whether I was home by myself all day or at the beach. I decided I would rather be at the beach with a sore throat than stuck at home all day. :) Mom, Scott, and Emma were going to go whether I went or not. Scott's family had been at Panama City Beach all week and were actually heading to Mexico Beach for the day yesterday to meet up with his dad. It was perfect timing. We decided to all meet up at the same spot. Mexico Beach is perfect for small kids because it is not crowded at all, but there isn't much to do there is the afternoon/evenings. 
This was the view as we pulled up to the beach! The weather was awesome!
Emma was not so sure of the sand at first, but quickly warmed up to it and had a blast playing in the sand, water puddle that had formed, and finding seashells. :)
She is my kinda girl!! What is it with snacking on the beach??!? Something about it makes it that much better!!
 This is Grandma Mary (Susan's mom) who just turned 80. Doesn't she look great!! She was a beach bum all week.
 Emma wanted to be like me when I was a toddler at the beach- she ran around in just her diaper for a little while. Haha! But then I made her put on her cute little coverup so we wouldn't have to worry so much about her getting too much sun. Her little cheeks have a nice color to them today. I got a little on my neck and legs. Scott's poor back is pretty red. I was in charge of putting it on his back. :/ But we were not good about reapplying!
 We left the beach after about 4 hours and drove around Mexico Beach while Emma took a cat nap. Then we went to go eat seafood before heading home. I have to brad on Emma!! She did awesome of the 3 hour car drive there, the whole time we were at the beach, and the drive back. Day trips with a 2 year are possible!! :) :)