Sunday, November 3, 2019

Savannah's Birth & Hospital Stay

Our birth did not go as planned BUT it was such a special day in our family. We went into the hospital early Friday morning to prep for labor with our baby! We did not know whether we were going to have a girl or boy. After laboring and beginning to push, the doctors realized something was not right. It was then determined our baby was turned sideways and it was too risky to continue pushing. It was time for a c-section. I never dreamed I would have to have a c-section with my third baby, but it was worth it to have our sweet baby here safely! Here we are prepped for my c-section! Scott was able to announce to me and then busy and full operation room that we had a baby GIRL! 
It was then that we knew we had just welcomed Savannah Claire into our family! She did not have the best experience and got beat up pretty bad during all of the pushing. So needless to say, she was not a happy camper at birth! My awesome mother baby nurse decided later that day to give her some sugar water because she was still extra fussy hours after birth. The sugary water helped Savannah out so much and she was no longer fussy!
Savannah and Landon then got to come into my recovery room to find out if they were going to have a baby sister or brother. They loved her instantly!
Then we made the birth announcement sign and announced to the world that we had just welcomed a baby girl into our family!
Here is our first picture as a family of FIVE! Savannah Claire completes our family!
We then made our way to the mother baby floor where we would spend the next two nights. Emma and Landon spent this past week prepping for their baby sibling to be born by making signs for Savannah and for Will, had we had a boy. They were so excited to hang them up on our hospital door. Everyone that came in talked so sweetly about those signs!
Sweet girl deep in thought!
Saturday morning, my awesome mother baby nurse helped me shower and I felt so much better! Then cousin Heidi came to visit us Emma, Landon, and NaeNae. 
It was game day Saturday and sweet girl was dressed and ready to watch the game. 
Savannah got her first sponge bath and changed into some comfy pajamas Landon picked out for her to wear. 
Then it was time to cuddle up with mama!
While I was pregnant and close to due date, I took a sealed envelope from my doctor's office to Love Letters and picked out several outfits for both baby boy and girl. I left and they monogrammed the girl outfit I had picked out. They wrapped it up for us and we took it to the hospital. After Savannah was born, Emma and Landon opened the wrapped package and found this sweet outfit! Scott spent time this morning taking pictures of Savannah in her going home outfit. 
We soon left the hospital and made our way home! We can't wait to begin our life with our sweet Savannah Claire!