Friday, December 2, 2011

Doctors & Medicine

 Today I am thankful for doctors and medicine. I have mentioned recently that Emma has not been sleeping like her normal self. On Tuesday night she slept great....but Wednesday night was a different story. She woke up screaming. A cry I have never heard before. We tried to put her in bed with us and she still screamed so Scott stayed up with her for about 2 hours in the living room. She was fine as long as she was sitting up. She finally went to sleep in our bed around 5:30. I decided we needed to go ahead and take her to the doctor that day. She ran a fever for a short time during the night too. Scott stayed home with her yesterday morning while I went to work. I left at 11:00 to meet them at the doctor. We knew she had two top teeth trying to push through, but knew that was not what was causing all of the screaming.
She has double ear infection. Poor baby!!! She never pulled at her ears or showed any signs of ear pain. But now I know why she did not want to lie day....which when she screamed when we tried to lay her down in bed with us the thought of ear infection crossed my mind. The doctor was wonderful. He prescribed ear drops and an antibiotic. We also got some more pain medicine for her gums. It has worked WONDERS!! She slept with us last night and slept the entire night....laying down! She went back to daycare today and did wonderful. Emma was so easy to put to sleep tonight. I am glad I have my happy go with the flow baby back!