Sunday, June 10, 2012

Savannah- Back To Where He Proposed

Scott and I went back to Savannah this past weekend for our anniversary. Savannah is where he proposed five years ago. We were only there for the day when he proposed, so it was nice to spend a whole weekend there relaxing and seeing all of the great things Savannah has to offer. We missed Emma greatly, but it was nice to spend all that time together with just us. I will do another post on what Emma did this past weekend with my mom. I do not think she missed us at all!! :)

We started our weekend in Savannah with a trip to Uncle Bubba's to eat dinner on Friday night. Uncle Bubba's restaurant is co-owned by Paula Deen and her brother. It was amazing!! Thankfully, we shared dinner and we still walked away stuffed.
I got a small salad and then this was our shared meal. When they first brought it out, I just knew we would still be hungry, but we did not even finish all of this. We had fish, shrimp, awesome little muffins, black eye peas, and the BEST cheese grits I have ever eaten!!
Then we went on to Tybee Island to see the sunset on the beach. 
We went back to Tybee Island on Saturday morning. On the way, we got Bojangle's. Their biscuits are some of the best I have ever had. 
Once we got to Tybee, we went to this fort. We were able to see a demonstration of the firing of canons while we were there. Then we walked around the outside of the fort wall. 
After we left the fort, Scott kept mentioning kayaking, but we just knew it would be more than what we would want to pay. We were surprised at how inexpensive it was to kayak. We decided to get the double kayak because I did not want to get in one by myself. :) 
It was so peaceful and relaxing on the water. We would paddle some and then just move with the current of the water. 
This was our view for most of the time. We would see the occasional boat go by us. 
We left the kayak place and were hungry. We decided to go back to the place we ate lunch on the day he proposed. I got a salad and crab/seafood dip and Scott got a fish sandwich. 
Then we went back to the hotel to change/freshen up before heading to Hilton Head to do a little shopping. We went back to Savannah to eat seafood on River Street. I kept seeing this ice cream place while we would drive downtown and decided I wanted to try it after dinner on Saturday. It is known as the best ice cream in Georgia and they are so right!! It was amazing. I got Caramel Swirl(I LOVE everything caramel!!) and Scott got...............Vanilla. Crazy boy!! He did say he should have gotten what I got but he did like the Vanilla. 
We took this picture and sent it my mom this morning to show Emma. :)
We ate lunch at Five Guys for lunch today before heading home. This is Scott's!!
Then one of the last stops we made was to the place where he proposed. We were sad to find out Friday night that they chopped down all of the trees and replaced the benches from the park where he proposed. But, this is where the bench was where he proposed to me.
 We had such a fun weekend!! Savannah is such a fun/neat town to visit.