Friday, June 1, 2012

Our Living Room

I am linking up for the first time with Kelly from Kelly'sKorner. Today we are to show what our living rooms look like. I am including our foyer in this post only because it is very open to the living room.
I love our simple fireplace. I love burning fires in the fall and winter. The picture above the mantle is a picture Scott took at the beach one time and we had it blown up on canvas. This chair below is one of my favorite spots to sit and relax. Scott took all the pictures of Emma on the wall beside the chair.
Our sweet dog, Cali relaxing on the couch. We love the beach and love to travel, so there are pictures all over our house of places we have been that Scott took pictures to remember our trip.
Here is our front door and another chair. We found it on sale and then found the couch and other chair to go with it. This chair only gets used when we have company haha!!
This is an old painting that my moms cousin did awhile back. We got it and reframed it and hung it in our living room and then she decided she wanted it back. Not happening! :)
This is a painting that a friend of ours painted. We also have several other of her paintings in our house.
These two canvases sit to the other side of the red/white chair. We are going to Savannah/Tybee Island soon and hope to get another vertical blown up to put beside the bird.
Scott's uncle built this for us and we LOVE it.
Here is Emma's corner of the living room. She loves her chair that Scott, OJan, and I got for her first birthday. The wicker basket is filled with her toys. I am OCD about keeping my house clean, so this keeps all of her small toys in one spot. :)
The friend that painted the bridge painting also painted this picture. My mom got her to paint this for us for our first Christmas together married. It is a painting of the exact spot where we got married. It hangs to the left of the front door. My mom wrote our names and the year we were married on the steps.
 Here is a bench we have in our foyer with some pictures we have hanging above the bench.