Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Loved (Almost) Everything About It

     I would say (of course I don't have anything to compare it to) that I had one of the best pregnancies. I had a feeling I was pregnant before I ever really knew. I had a gut feeling on a Friday evening, but waited to take a test until the next morning. And as the test read pregnant, I just stood there and could not stop smiling. I always dreamed about how I would tell Scott and in that moment all of that went out the window as I ran into the bedroom to tell him the news. I could not wait to tell family and a few close friends the news either. I only got sick twice and they were fast and then I was back to my normal self. 
     The only thing I didn't like about being pregnant was the HEARTBURN!! I wouldn't even eat and would still get it. But as the old wives' tale proved to be, Emma came out with lots of hair so it was all worth it.
     I wanted to have a girl!! I have always thought of the day I would have a girl. My three closest friends just knew I was having a girl. I thought it too, but then I would think that maybe I was having a boy. Scott and I went and found out that the little butterbean inside of me was in fact a girl. So of course we went shopping and bought a girly outfit. I knew if we had a girl her name would be Emma. And luckily, Scott liked the name too. Emma is my maternal grandmother's name and I have always loved the name. We loved to sit and feel Emma kick and punch. It was the neatest feeling to me.  

I was 5 months pregnant here.
                                                                                           
                                    
                       This one was taken when I was around 7 months pregnant.                                                                        






Cali had no clue that her life was going to be changed forever in about 5 weeks. She would no longer be the only baby in the house.