Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Being Negative Can Be A Good Thing (Sometimes)

Life has been busy since last Monday night. As I mentioned in Monday's post, I went to my SS Ladies Christmas Party. It was so much fun. After "stealing" an ornament from someone during White Elephant Exchange, I left with a very cute ornament that is now hanging on our tree. On Tuesday-Friday at lunch, I was participating in curriculum writing for my county. As nice as it is to get a break form my classroom, I was ready to get back to my students. Here she is last week playing on the bed with Cali. My two sweet girls!! Cali needs a haircut bad.
Friday night, Scott and I went to his work party. Mom kept Emma for us while we were there. Then Saturday evening, we went to our SS Christmas Party. This one was for everyone. Emma went and played with church friends while we were in another part of the church having fun! This week is flying by! Emma was burning up last night and has been coughing, so I took her to the doctor today. They checked her for Flu and RSV since both of those have been going around. They were both NEGATIVE (see how being negative can sometimes be a god thing :))!!! I was so relieved. By the time I took her to the doctor, her temperature was almost to 102. She was so hot!! She never really fussed though. I got her home and we took a good two hour nap. We gave her more medicine once Scott got home and she is quickly getting back to normal! She will stay home tomorrow with Scott half the day and then my mom the rest of the day (she is leaving work early to relieve him) so he can go to work some. I would if it wasn't a few days before Christmas break and I have so much to get accomplished before grades and all of that are due. But, if they could not stay home then I would definitely stay home. Family will always come before my work!! So Emma has gotten lots (even more than the ton we already do :)) of cuddle time and Mickey Mouse today and tonight while she has not been feeling good.