Monday, December 3, 2012

Peppermint Is In This Year

Peppermint stuff is everywhere this year. I bought some peppermint bark candy the other week which was amazing. I am going to be making some chocolate/peppermint cookies to take to my students later this week. And now I am making these peppermint/M&M/pretzel snacks for my Ladies night Sunday School party tomorrow night. These were super easy!!! Last year I made Santa hats with strawberries, icing, and brownies. Those were so cute and easy to make too! To make these peppermint snacks, you place a Hershey Kiss (any kind will work, but these are the cutest) on a square pretzel. Then you bake at 170 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
After the 5-6 minutes are up, take them out of the oven and place a green or red M&M on top of the  semi-melted kiss. Then place in the freezer for an hour. They taste so good too!!
Emma would say so too as she has had a few kisses and some of the completed snacks. Here she is playing with the left over pretzels. She let Scott put her hair in a poney tail with cute little clips on each side. So sweet!!
I am loving her Christmas pajamas!!
I have a few more snacks in the freezer and then they will all be ready for tomorrow night. I got this tree platter at my first bridal shower which happened to be a Christmas shower. It was my favorite shower by far! I still love using this platter each December!